Thursday 22 October 2009

A thank you to the lump of granite.

It is fair to say that the plinth has given me more than I gave it. Yes I might have brought a bit of humour, colour and bad dancing to it in the wee hours, but it has given me so much in return.

So I would like to say thank you…

Thank you for the renewed sense of who I am. Yes I am the sort of person who dresses up as a giant butterfly and dances badly to wildlife themed songs. And you know what, I am proud of that!

Thank you for a whole new set of friends. I hope they all know what they mean to me. Some non-plinth friends don’t quite get this. Surely these I don’t know these people properly, I had never met them. But when you have laughed, cried and shared your life with a group of people, they do become true friends.

Thank you for helping me move on with my life. I was stuck before in one place. Not sure where I was going and what I was doing with my life. Doing something so far out of my comfort zone has given me the confidence to go and grab life by the hands and do what I know I want to do.


And last, but not least thank you for bringing a bit of romance into my life. Which is a very pleasant surprise and one I am enjoying greatly. But I am not one to kiss and tell, so no juicy gossip here folks!

So for all of these reasons, all the laughter, all the tears, all the company, I would like to thank Antony Gormley, the tweckling tribe, the droids, the plinthers and that beautiful lump of granite. You are all stars and I love you all in my own little funny way.